Unincorporated Areas

There are 2 areas of NSW that are not represented by elected local Councils, and are referred to as unincorporated areas.

Far West Unincorporated Area

The Far West Unincorporated Area is a large, sparsely populated area in the north west of the state, which is administered by the Department of Primary Industries, Catchments and Lands.

Lord Howe Island

The Lord Howe Island Group is an unincorporated area administered by the Lord Howe Island Board which reports to the Minister for the Environment and Heritage.